Monday, December 9, 2013

The State of the Stacks - Anticipation.....



I've seen a lot of bloggers/booksellers/other book related outlets start listing the books they are most anticipating for 2014, and I started thinking about what I was looking foward to. I realized that the books I am MOST excited about are "next-in-the-series" novels that are set to be published in the coming few months - series that I've LOVED and can't wait to read more.





Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - available 1/14/14

I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children at the beginning of the year and was completely captivated by a novel that was truly unlike anything I'd ever read before. In addition to the wonderful use of some very creepy pictures, I thought the story was compelling and original, and I'm VERY excited to read the next chapter in the adventures of Jacob and his new friends.


It has another great book trailer - check it out....







Cress: Book 3 of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - available 2/4/14


I've read the first (Cinder) and second (Scarlet) books in the unique series of fairytale retellings, and think this third has the potential to be the best. It's the tale of Rapunzel, which is one of my favorites, and I'm already fascinated by Cress from just the brief glimpses we've seen of her in the first two books. This is a really great series, and I'm excited to read the next installment.








The One by Kiera Cass - available 5/6/14


I've read and enjoyed both The Selection and The Elite, and feel like this series is only getting better with each book. I love the combination of royalty meets reality tv, and America is a truly delightful heroine. I think I can honestly say I don't care WHO she picks, I just can't wait to find out!












And, of course, the book I'm most excited for is The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin, rumored to be dropping in 2014. Please, please, please let it come!! The Passage and The Twelve are absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to see what happens - Cronin has promised that all the answers will be revealed. There's no synopsis, no cover art, no release date - but I'm sure hoping 2014 is the year!




Alright, your turn - what are you eagerly anticipating in 2014? My bookshelves need to be filled!!






3 comments:

Carolynn said...

AAAAH- I didn't know there was a sequel to Miss Peregrine's coming!!!

I echo every single one of these (even though I haven't finished the Passage or gotten to The Twelve yet.)

bermudaonion said...

I still need to read Miss Peregrine! I'm always behind!

mar10123 said...

Well of course, I am hoping for an Oddie-Stormy reunion.