Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


"Give me the end of the year an' its fun
When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;
Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,
Let me sit down with the ones I love best,
Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,
See the old faces unblemished by wrong,
See the old table with all of its chairs
An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers."
- Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving




This year, I am thankful:

~That my uncle Mark, who has lived for 26 years with ALS, is home from the hospital after a scary bout with pneumonia.

~ That Baby Sam came through his first surgery with flying colors.

~ That I have a job, no matter how much I complain about it.

~ That spending the holidays with my family is a pleasure, not a chore

~ That I have blessings upon blessings - my life is good!


7 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have a wonderful day Eliz. Lovely post.

bermudaonion said...

It's so nice to have a day to sit back and count our blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

ibeeeg said...

Happy Thanksgiving Elizabeth. I hope you and your family have a great day.
I am happy for you that Baby Sam came through his first surgery well.

Alyce said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Zibilee said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Serena said...

I hope you had a great holiday and that Baby Sam is ok.

Its that busy time of year again. If you are interested in the next War Through the Generations reading challenge, the information is here: http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com/current-challenge-and-sign-up-info-2010/

2010 will be dedicated to the Vietnam War.

Happy Reading.