Sunday, January 4, 2009

TSS- NaJuReMoNoMo



What?? Bonus points for everyone who knows already what NaJuReMoNoMo means. I'm choosing to believe that this is just a month-long celebration of my birthday! =)

For those who are still in the dark, January is National Just Read More Novels Month. Isn't that great? There's a challenge set up for it here,
which of course I am joining. It's pretty simple - read a novel, you're a winner. What could be better? Here are the OFFICIAL rules:



  1. Only Novels Count. This means no non-fiction books, memoirs, short stories, essay collections, or books based on internet memes like LOLcats. The judge is out on graphic novels. It's your call.
  2. Memoirs Don’t Count. Even if they are fictional. And especially if they are fake memoirs about the Holocaust.
  3. It Can’t Be A Novel You Have Already Read. Expand your horizons. Try some new authors.
  4. You Must Start At The Beginning. If the book is on your nightstand, you have to start over. We are looking at January 1 to January 31. That is 31 days. We are on a deadline.
  5. Have Fun. This a lark. You wouldn't be reading if you didn't enjoy it.

One book wins you a blue Winner badge, three wins a green, five wins a silver, and ten wins a gold. My goal is a Silver Winner badge - wouldn't that look nice on my sidebar?

Even if you are not a book blogger, I'd love to encourage you to join us this month. If you read a novel, let me know - I'll have a celebration post at the end of the month for anyone who participates with me and comments about it. Besides, don't we all need another good excuse to relax and read a good book?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in. I started Recovering Charles yesterday!

Book Dragon said...

I'm going for Gold! This will be a great challenge to add to my list so I'm in!

I've already started & finished six books this year but a couple were re-reads & one was non-fiction :( Hey, that means that three of them count!