Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Time for the weekly Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


  • Here is my teaser:

    "This is the axiom I carry with me to the Judges' Table: you might be a great contender, but one really bad showing could get you eliminated, just as an off night or a careless effort might remove my restaurant permanently from a diner's list. There's no rest. No excuses. No slacking off. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

    (Tom Colicchio, from Top Chef: The Cookbook, page 7)

    For those of you keeping score, yes, I am STILL reading Alaska by James Michener - hey, it's huge. But the Top Chef cookbook came in the mail yesterday, and I had to start browsing. It's one of my favorite TV shows, and the cookbook promises to be just as much fun.

    So, what are you reading today? Care to share a couple of lines with us?

    2 comments:

    Jenners said...

    Interesting! I love that show but I would never want to eat ANYTHING they make ... I'm not a real foodie and I barely understand what ingredients they are using let along the cooking terms. It is more than just recipies or is mainly recipes from the show with a little bit of stuff about the show like you shared?

    Anonymous said...

    Missed a Teaser Tuesday post yesterday, so here is mine:

    "We had not thought to go below thirty. But as the dog said,'If I fall down for you and youf all down for me, it is play.' Marriage shoudl be a play and not a fight, so we are falling down again."
    Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe