Thursday, August 7, 2008

Congratulations!


I am still choked up - yep, I'm that much of a dork. But much love and congratulations to Joshua Allen, the winner of So You Think You Can Dance. *cue cheers and applause!*
The top four were all such beautiful dancers that any of them could have been the winner, and I was happy they gave a prize to the top female dancer, Katee. It was such an amazing season - I really can't imagine another group of dancers that will grab my heart the way these kids have. I almost don't want to watch next season - but I'm sure I will, because I can't help myself.

Now it's on to the Olympics, and here in Des Moines we are awfully proud of our two hometown girls, Shawn Johnson and LoLo Jones, who will be competing for gold this year. The last time I watched the Olympics, my husband and I were in St. Lucia on our honeymoon - the view was considerably better there than from my couch, but I think Olympic season will always be special for us because of those memories.

On a personal, and completely sappy note, today is my fourth wedding anniversary. I've never had a moment of regret for marrying the man I chose, and I'm proud of that. Of course we aren't perfect, but we sure are good together, and I can't imagine loving anyone more. Happy Anniversary, hon!

1 comment:

Andi said...

I'm late to say, but happy anniversary!!!! I hope y'all had a great day.