Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday Thingers - Discussion groups

This week's Tuesday Thingers question is about online discussion groups - specifically, how many do you belong to and do you actually participate. I belong to 8 or 9 on LibraryThing, and a whole bunch on YahooGroups. I started in the the Yahoo group world when I was in college years ago, and had unlimited time to spend reading group emails. I can't remember the last time I checked those groups, or that email address. I participate somewhat regularly on 3 groups on LT - Battlestar Galactica, Early Reviewers, and the Green Dragon. I am not online every day, so sometimes miss out on discussions I might have participated in, but in general I find the LT groups to be a lot of fun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, I don't feel so bad that I am not always up on all my groups. There are so that I have lost interest in completely and some I don't have time for. But it seems like I am not the only one...lol! And I feel better about that!

Anonymous said...

Lol I'm still in the Yahoo groups phase, although I have all of them set on 'digest' and don't really participate all that much. I still enjoy reading them though, and once in awhile I speak up :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, just perusing your blog:) Welcome tracy

Jacquie L Reaville said...

After being online for something over ten years (not continuously LOL), I think I've run the gauntlet of most discussion groups. Now I just dip in where the topic is of interest.

Hillary said...

thank you for visiting my blog and thanks for the nice comment! Yours looks good too.
I too, sign up for way to many book groups and dont have time to keep up with all of them. I tink I will narrow it down to 2 or 3 so I can become part of a community.

Meghan said...

You stopped by to say hello on my blog, so I am happily returning the favor! It is hard to keep up with all groups, especially the Green Dragon, which is always so busy. They're fun, though, and have added much to my reading life. =)

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to my blog as well so you know who I am, I didn't realize it was posting with my google account! Sorry!